Saturday 19 February 2011

Proposal

For this project i want to show a sense if identity and style in culture. I want to begin with looking at photos of myself over the last few years to look at how i perceive myself and look into how i want people to see me and how i want to look myself. I am interested in fashion and magazines and thought of experimenting with some self portraits that resemble photographs from magazines such as vogue, elle and glamour. this will all be shown in my blog as research and to show my train of thought on this project and help me to come up with ideas for presentation and final pieces. in my research i found the photographer Vivian Maier, http://vivianmaier.blogspot.com/
She is a street photographer from the 1950's to the 1990's and i have found these photos really inspiring, i propose to start a critique of her work and discuss how her photos differ or relate to photos that can be taken today, i want to explore the differences between her shots and similar shots i take and see how the modern world has changed and how people dress and act differently (or the same) i think it is an exploration of her work and taking it into the modern world with my own.
I am also really insired by professional blogging at the moment so i am doing a blog again but making it more a sorty or diary which has my thoughts in it and is a much more natural and personal presentation to my work, i think this also ties in with my interest in fashion as most of the blogs that inspire me and fashion blogs and magazine blogs, it also has ties with taking Maiers work into the modern because i am not looking at how things are presented on paper but in a blog and how street photography has become a part of peoples style and how they perceive themselves and broadcast it to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment